Thursday, August 27, 2009

Love is like the colour green


The noun love is listed in the English dictionary with about 4 meanings. The verb has one meaning: to hold dear, bear love to, to be in love with, be fond of. I have a problem with love because I hold my life dear, I bear love to my garden, I am in love with my husband and I'm very fond of potato chips. It is all the same word.
Green is like that. Green wouldn't be a favorite colour. In fact khaki green could be close to the very bottom of my fondness list. But gardening and a green quilt challenge has caused me to appreciate all the nuances of green. Green isn't just green. It is green and then some!
Love is like that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so funny that you talk about thi, because I find myself thinking the same thing on occasion. I wouldn't choose green over, say, pthalo blue or a fiery orange-red, but yet, I am utterly inspired by my outdoor surroundings and as a result, keep going back to revisit green quite often. :D

elle said...

I'm starting to think of green as a neutral and that limey green as the answer to most problems! lol