Monday, March 22, 2010

Summing up Somedays



I'm having a hard time reconciling my calendar. We have had the warmest and shortest winter on record. People are out looking for pussy willows! I am so not ready for spring. But I guess I'll need to embrace it.

I'm happy with the ironing station! I see I can also get purple canvas baskets for the cubbies and that may just work with the celery green baskets. I put a big oil pastel in blue/periwinkles that I've had in the playroom before back up on the wall here at the computer desk. The whiteboard wasn't pretty so I put its contents on a sheet of paper and stuck it on the computer tower just above the monitor. Still where I can see it but not in my face and I'll just keep photocopying the chart every week. Then I grabbed a little bottle of craft paint and did my cork board. Whoa! Instant gratification for something like $2. I can make my valence anytime and add a bit of that celery colour with a fabric strip across the hemline. This room is shaping up with a light mix of pale blues (periwinkles) and greens. The feathered fabric is a challenge due for our quilt show.

I ordered a whole cloth quilted bed cover for the winter scheme for the master bedroom. There is no way I'm doing a whole cloth quilt but I'll do a lap quilt for folding at the foot of the bed. I found pretty close to ideal in Sophie. It looked like it was cranberry and the shams were available as well. It is shiny and satin like on one side and velvet on the reverse. But the colour number said aubergine. Isn't that an eggplant? I so badly wanted cranberry. I took a chance and ordered it from the catalogue. But we have a purple. I'm thinking, I'm thinking! Nice deep rich red/purple, not royal at all. It could work. I have a day or two to think about it.

Trouble is I am quite distracted and Spring has sprung. I may not be able to finish the winter decor. Time to unearth the fake white tulips everybody thinks are real.

So to sum up the week; not as much done as I'd hoped and the weekend was so/so.


Oh, I just remembered something else purple!



I hope I don't find anything else purple!

2 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a doll baby! Precious!!
Ah yes, those lovely, never die, never have to water silk tulips...or daffodils!

Twisted Quilts said...

So so cute! I just want to squeeze her!!