Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Whipping along



I think I may have been too hasty in designing these place mats. The colours need to be yellow and cranberry. I found some FQ's. The shapes for the winter season are squares and rectangles. They need to be kinda traditional. Perhaps the shapes are too big? The darker strip could liven things up? That light is too blah? Hmm, I wonder what is right!!!

I do like to make place mats and table runners. They are great projects; quick, motivating, samples for new techniques and practical. I think I need some help to fill up my idea file for my own deco vignettes as well as gifts for those special occasions. Ha! I guess I could make these the back and start again on the fronts! 8^)

3 comments:

Createology said...

Not being a quilter I think these are both wonderful. I do like the dark cranberry strip to make the colors pop. Reversible is always good for placemats. Keep creating...

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

I think so too. Lovely and a combination of interesting colors that I wouldn't have chosen and yet am so glad I got to see.

Unknown said...

These are neat. Did you make progress on the aprons? :)