Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Workshop in PROCESS- Rhythm




Workshop In Progress is Cheryl's brainchild over at Naptime Quilter and she is encouraging us to dig deeper, push further, and reach higher. I'm thinking she wants to hear about Workshop In PROCESS. And I'm excited. This can be such a great learning tool and a super motivater. I tend to dream, lose track of the what if's, procrastinate and then dive for the finish where it is too little, too late. SO-

So here is my Workshop in Process

3 Creative Studios has a 3rd challenge. The word is Rhythm.

Common Threads, my local quilt group has a new challenge which is 2 pieces of fabric.

The definitions of Rhythm that resonated with me were:

1. movement or procedure with uniform or patterned recurrence of a beat, accent, or the like.

3. measured movement, as in dancing.

8. Physiology . the regular recurrence of an action or function, as of the beat of the heart, or the menstrual cycle.

9. procedure marked by the regular recurrence of particular elements, phases, etc.: the rhythm of the seasons.

So I want a repeating pattern (grid). I want a repeating shape (movement). I want repeating action (emotion). I want repeating phase (time).

I was captivated by a photo in a library book.

My constraints are time-due date 6/30/10, size- max. perimeter 160" fabric- recognizable amounts of 2 challenge fabrics.

This is the beginning of my process.

1 comment:

Createology said...

Elle if anyone is up for this challenge it is YOU! Interesting beginning here. Keep us posted. Happy creating...