Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to Hump Day


And here it is Thursday again. Not only is Thursday my hump day where I realize the week is half done but a new month has started and the pastels of summer need putting away and the intense but warm colours of autumn need to have pride of place. And I do need them. It has been especially cold, wet and drab in my corner of the world.

Colour is SO much fun. I realize I've left out a whole lot of options which will probably surface in the future at special times. The grey setting on my camera will see a lot more use as I evaluate value in future quilts and even decorating situations.

I haven't been idle The kitchen has had an auction find addition. Shelves from a meat shop were cleaned. How nice to have a hubby involved who sees the garden hose and a dish brush aren't adequate so gets out the power tools, runs off to buy wire brushes, unites the two and the labour is significantly reduced. Not only was I impressed with the power tools which still took 5 hours but he was impressed with how good the shelves turned out. So the kitchen now has a baking centre! I do like it! Now to get creative and use it!

I do have little piles of coloured accessories stacked all over so the next 2 days should see some major fall cleaning and redecorating. And the bonus is in having the vacuum putting out heat! Time to get the rest of the week done!

4 comments:

Lesly said...

I heard you guys were having unseasonably cold weather, but believe me it's pretty horrible here in eastern Ontario with heat and humidity through the roof. I thought Canada was supposed to be a master of compromise and middle of the road! Not for weather, I guess! P.S. Nice baking rack!

Createology said...

Hi elle: I am trying to catch up on blogs as I have been away from the computer. I love your new baking center. And Fall will be a perfect time for you to utilize it and bake some super yummy foods. Hope your weather gets better...

KatieQ said...

I haven't stopped by in a while so I had lots of posts to catch up on. I loved all of your color posts. The new baking rack is great. It's nice to have everything you need in one place. I love that you were able to fit your mixer and blender on the shelf.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am late getting to this post, but I'm delighted your hubby knows how to clean. That pantry shelving is gleaming and beautiful, thanks to the two of you and some old fashioned elbow grease. Of course, a wire brush helped, too.