Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tip toeing thru the toile

I fell in luv with the first pink/red toile quilt fabric I saw. I'm not sure why. Then I found a pink transferware plate. oooh! Pink depression glass? yes, please! I'm well and truly hooked. I don't have lots but the hunt is quite fun and I'm kind a eclectic so I've added a few other bits.



I'm planning on a lap quilt that will have lots of baskets and feature some of those toile fabrics so they'll be great in this sitting room.

Now I've agreed to sub for a friend at the local thrift shop while she will be gone. So I was to make a brief stop so she could introduce me. I was there ten minutes. Ten! I spied 2 rolls of pink toile wall paper, fifty cents a roll. I don't need 2 but what is fifty cents. I'll be able to line this china cabinet.

I luv using what I have and coming up with creative what if's...



So maybe I have enough for my bedroom??? I am really liking this. But that darn wall with the book cases. ??? Now how I made the great leap from toile to fireplace is a bit of a mystery. But...


I had bought some tiles for my yellow kitchen renew and I chose some accent tiles to tie my cranberry front room into the whole house plan. I've changed my mind on some of the kitchen so there are extra tiles up for grabs.

Are you following me? Fake fireplace in a painted finish, with some tile inserts! I'm starting to blush! Which is the colour and warm fuzzy feeling I want this room to have. Hmm, I wonder if I can find a cute little slipper chair, and then ......
Aren't what if's wonderful!

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

But sometimes "what ifs" become reality. Love this post and all your daydreams.