Thursday, December 23, 2010

Basically Blue

I had an unscheduled baby quilt to make for hubby's work mate. I thought I'd use the other piece of gridded fusible for this one as I did on the pink quilt whose grid is on the diagonal. (darned if I can find that post, sorry) I might have to revise my opinion of this fusible as I did find things went fairly fast. This might also have something to do with my new 57 foot which is a quarter inch foot with an edge. Quite slick and fast.

I also think a tutorial on digital cameras might be a help as colour and perspective are quite changeable.
So here is a photo focusing on the various prints which are thirties and blue.
One that does show the rectangular shape, 37" x 47". Definitely some shrinkage as I was using the full 45" width on the back. I also did the quick inside/out edge finish.
This photo is probably more accurate colour wise.
And the backing is a very old but great quality fabric I got for a good sale price many years ago. So very not me and I'm glad to have most of it out of my stash now.
Now I need to get the 2 small quilts for my grand kiddies machine quilted as they are actually on my list. hum, hum, hum... happy holidays!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Pretty quilt! Happy quilting and happy holidays!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow. It would take me a year just to cut and sew this together, then another six months to quilt it. You are one speed demon on a sewing machine. Got to agree on the backing fabric, but it seems to go well color wise with the front.