Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm dreaming of...

the new year actually!

I have been a stay at home mum and except for the occasional whirlwind that changes things for short times, I have stayed at home. It is where I am the happiest. This last month has had me out and about more than I like. I forgot the darn spray cans from the last fiasco so it is looking like I need to go back to the city to return them at least one more time before I can hibernate for the winter.

I do have an idea for the cash that they'll be giving me. I need to buy a sketch book. A for-real one. And I saw exactly what I need at the art store and almost got it but thought I had enough supplies for my winter creativity. But I didn't know about The Sketchbook Challenge.

I decided to join. This is a pretty new thing for me. I am not a sketcher but I do realize that keeping things you like helps identify what it is you are drawn to. I was also very intrigued with the art challenges concerning line and shape that I worked on last year. I have been happy with this year's word- Focus. I'm definitely learning to do that. I think next year's word could be Find. I want to find my particular style. I think I know what I don't like so now I should be able to see what it is I really like as I sketch things and make notes of things that inspire. If I keep a sketchbook common themes should become apparent and then I can fine tune and finish what turns my particular crank. At least I hope so.


I returned my grandson to his home today after a short visit. We had a fun day in the city yesterday and today we met his mum and sister at their local thrift shop. I found a great light. My style! :) I also found a china mug like the ones I like to have my coffee in. This one is my first bird as they are usually flowers. It'll definitely be keeping company with the sketchbook!

2 comments:

Createology said...

How fun to begin a new challenge that will allow you to grow and expand your creative paths. Happy sketching...

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Challenge! :D

I love your photo study of the hanging light and teacup. <3