Friday, March 25, 2011

Journaling the 30's



Weekly journal quilts are all about using up the leftovers. My DD gave me a lot of Thirty FQ's. I think she may have moved on to urban chic and I have the leftovers. I divided them up and the 'also rans' are in the leftover bins. Here I am again playing with the not so great while the best of the best awaits.
I think mug rugs are cute but maybe too small to get thru my larger piles, so these are little 12" place mats for the mug and the cookie plate! I've cut 12 backs, 13 inches square and I'll do some improvisational piecing on the front. With the plan for the next few weeks in place maybe I can even get to the good stuff!

2 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

For using seconds, the finished product is first rate! Love the blue with red fabric I hope you show us the mat you make with that grouping.

Createology said...

Your "leftovers" square is wonderful. I see a very happy house in that square. Happy weekend and continued stitching with Nina...