Saturday, April 23, 2011

What if... and What not...




It boggles my mind trying to visualize how 4 fabrics will collide in a convergence quilt. So after I had an actual sample in front of me from yesterday, I decided to use next year's challenge fabric in another try. Apparently Bali-type fabrics work best. I also knew high contrast is a good choice. So...

I picked 4 fabrics, with contrasting colour, texture etc.





I did switch the lighter floral to be over the brighter floral. I was also getting a little nervous at this point but I persevered. ;)

Now I absolutely luv this top section!



The bottom section not so much but it does have the actual challenge fabric in it so it has to be okay.


But together? NOT!

So I decided to cut my loses and make a new top part. After some angst I repeated the blue and chose a lighter mauve.

Now this is kinda nice!



I'm not sure what will happen when I combine the two but I will have to do some altering as something isn't lining up. I may have mis-cut something. argghhh My math is another challenge! lol I also need to be working on finishing up the current projects for this year's show and challenge so I'll set these aside while I decide about some of the what if's...!

3 comments:

Createology said...

Hi elle: Of course I love love love the blues. I am certain you can make everything fit nicely and the result you come out with will be fabulous. Now you can make another bottom for the top piece you love. :o) Happy Easter...

Twisted Quilts said...

What a great word, convergence! I love all the combinations so I am no help at all. I do like the green with the red but the blues are nice too.

Unknown said...

So funky but trendy theme with colors. Like this so creative and look good at a glance.
dean graziosi