Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finding the Rhythm


I have a few shrubs and a group 0f 15 hostas to plant. They'll go into That Faerie Place. This picture is from last year so I'm hoping for bigger and better this year. This shade garden is my absolute favorite of all I do.


I'm finding it a bit difficult to figure out the weather. We had 2 days of summer weather and we are back to very cold, wet, and lots of rain. My farmer has decided to forget about seeding as it is late and we are spending too much time looking out the window and counting calender days. We've lost a couple of productive years doing this so...



The sun was out and I quickly stripped the top of a gateleg table that was used daily while I was growing up.


I may not do the legs as they are worn and match some worn chairs that I'll put with it.

It needs some structural reinforcing but it is real handy on Sundays for extra seating.

The expected rain is holding off so I'll quickly do my planting and then it'll be back in the saddle to tame the grass that seems to thrive on cold and wet! VBSigh


Hopefully we can find the rhythm that will lead to a productive summer. The trick is lists for sunny days and lists for rainy days AND keeping a sunny disposition no matter what list we work on!

2 comments:

Lesly said...

Gosh, I hear you about the weather, Elle. It's so bewildering! Love your gateleg table, too!

Twisted Quilts said...

Great gateleg table! We are having temps in the mid 90s and an air quality alert so it isn't much fun to be outside. My hostas are doing great this year and I don't really know why. It has been very dry.