Saturday, June 11, 2011

Seek and ye shall focus!

I didn't realize that seek is another word for focus. Focus was last year's word. If you seek (focus) you will find and find is this year's word. Neat!



I am 'finding' that I cannot focus well on doing 5 different hobbies a week. Five things work but I'm better at tangents than 'here a little, there a little'. Not only have I dropped a couple of balls; I seem to have lost one! lol Now I really need 'to find'!



I'm seeking to make this quilt for my friends.

I'll have to go back for more of this backing fabric. I could make a pillowcase from this 1 metre piece as the horses are perfect but I need to match the horses with 2 long pieces for the back.

I've always wanted to do a triangles quilt and I'm quite liking how this is progressing. I've sewed a few triangles together. I'd rather not lay out the whole thing and troop back and forth for pieces so hopefully I can get a good scattering of everything. I'm a little stumped as to how to press the seams but I'll have it figured after I sew two rows together. I also have more greens to cut then I can get into 'tangent' mode and really make some progress.

2 comments:

Createology said...

We can only do what we can do. I can't find a number that works for me. Five is my lucky number...I have no idea why! But if I accomplish anything in a day then I feel like I am making progress. Your quilt is looking quite fine. Happy Sunday to you dear...

Twisted Quilts said...

I mentioned to my husband the other day that I used to be able to juggle all sorts of things but that "skill" seems to have eroded. I have always wanted to do a triangle quilt too, yours looks great.