Thursday, August 4, 2011

Decisions. Decisions?



This has been a long lunch break! I have (had) a general plan. Now to fill in the gaps. I don't order a lot on line and the last catalogue I could find is from April. So there were serious gaps in my preplanning. I'm not sure I totally stayed with the plan but I'm hoping I got the key fabrics so it'll be kind of a surprise package when it comes. ;^) I'll share all the ooh's and ah's when it arrives.


I inherited a whole LOT of 30's medley of the month packages. Lots of blue which isn't where I'm headed. Not too much aqua which is what I was hunting for. I've had to put away some groupings and pattern ideas for future gift ideas because they just aren't what I've got in mind. But I've managed to keep from getting too overwhelmed and bogged down by colour grouping the best of the bunches, eliminating the No's and just dealing with the maybe's. I'm learning that too much confuses me so putting away the 'also rans' and focusing on my room theme is important. Makes less of a mess, too! I'm also realizing that I enjoy the challenge of creatively coping within my limitations.


It has been a very fun couple of days.


3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can see where you might get overwhelmed by too much fabric and too many decisions if you got all that fabric out at once. Glad you are able to edit things down a bit. And those catalogs don't help any (grin).

Twisted Quilts said...

I wonder if the planning isn't the best part.

Createology said...

Good idea to filter out the options as it is so easy to get overwhelmed. It will be fun to get your surprise package. Keep at it dear...