Friday, August 26, 2011

How's that for a welcome!



Warm welcome!

Way back when I bought the veranda paint I had white trim, pale yellow for the house wall, medium yellow for the veranda walls and a deeper golden yellow for the door. All exterior porch paint. These were part of the paint collection I want gone by fall. I tossed two when I was done. :)

So I've touched up walls, trim, and broke open the unused can for the door. Why was I thinking a different colour? I think the golden yellow is perfect. I also put a quick coat of white on the small shelf and the quilt rack. But it was too hot and the paint was drying on the brush. So I'll be thinking antique white or maybe some other can that I've forgotten the colour of! Now I'm wondering the old terra cotta colour for the floor or a newer shade of dark chocolate brown.


I hope a busy weekend doesn't hinder the roll of paint inspiration.

2 comments:

Createology said...

This is a beautiful welcoming veranda and front door. I love the colors. Try terra cotta first as you can always paint over with the darker chocolate brown if you want. Yay to you for completing this task. Looks fabulous dear...

Sparky said...

I absolutely hands down love this door...I am sew in love with yellow..and this speaks volumes of welcome home.