Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WOWing


It has been a very hectic few days and doesn't look to be letting up for a few more.



I have been thinking some about the zentangle aspect of black and white works. I do like the programmed stitches in the home sewing machines. They do it well so they should be allowed to do their thing.


The embroidery stitches can be manipulated as they move over the fabric as well. I'm thinking to let the programmed stitches be the first fixed lines. Then maybe some gentle curves applied in the midway of the project and maybe even some fast swings. I could finish with some free motion stitching for fillers.


But not right now. I do like free motion but the push of happenings and deadlines is NOT conducive to free flowing stitching. I'm quitting while I'm ahead and proceeding with the next emergency. ;^)

Happy Hump Day!


2 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

That black on white is terrific! There certainly are some pretty stitches. What machine do you have?
thanks for linking to TN&TN WIP Wed! :)
Monika in Saskatoon

Cheryl said...

So pretty. I'm pretty taken by the Zentangle phenomenon, too. Alas, my machine is too old and basic....I only have zig zag. What a relic! :) I like the rhythm you're getting in these lines.