Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What beautiful gams?

My Dad used to speak of  a woman's legs as 'gams'.  Now I tried to find that in the dictionary but the closest I came was gammer, which is a rustic word for an old woman and gammon whose first meaning is a bottom piece of flitch of bacon including hind leg (gambe leg). 


I am ready to send my 2 chairs and foot stool to the upholsterer. These are indeed rustic ladies.  One chair has painted woodwork.  I am using my new chalk paint and waxes to pretty up the woodwork.  I'm just trying a couple of colours and experimenting with the light and dark wax.


How is that for a beautiful gam?

3 comments:

Createology said...

Graceful gam and with waxing will be beautiful!

HollyM said...

What I can see looks good. You wear me out!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Wow! Beautiful legs! I can not wait to see the end product.