Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dried Flowers


My good friend Irmgard invited Jenn and I over for card making.



I had been invited along on a flower gathering walk  before but I had never actually made a card.  The flowers and leaves are pressed and somewhat organized in a number of old telephone books.


The arrangement is worked face down on paper.  These are fantasy arrangements as bits and pieces of all kinds of leaves and curlicues are used. Then a clear piece of mac tac is carefully laid down.  The plastic with the flowers adhered on it is then placed on the background.  It could be in a picture frame.   We made cards and I was impressed by how lovely they turned out.  It only took about 45 minutes!

oh dear, another hobby???

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are incredible, and the composition is truly superb. I've never heard of Mac Tac, but it sounds great if you can do all those in that short amount of time.

Vicki W said...

Oh wow, those are lovely!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Love that! I like to dry flowers and play around with them but I've never tried card making. Yourend result are remarkable.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh goodness, those look gorgeous!! What a lovely idea. Just super pretty.

Monika K.

HollyM said...

I used to do a lot of these. I still have phone books with assorted stuff in them. Yours look lovely. What fun!

Margaret Applin said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Createology said...

Your dried floral cards came out lovely. It really is a wonderful feeling to dry the flowers and ferns and leaves and then be able to put them together in a pleasing layout. I also love the pressed flowers between glass panels in a frame. Oh the possibilities are endless. Creative Bliss Dear...

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very pretty. I love dried flowers and used to do a lot of that type of work when I was younger using a flower press.