Friday, September 21, 2012

Head over heels in creativity


I am invited to a special Bernina presentation called Head over Heels and we are invited to wear fancy shoes.  So...  These 'dancing' pumps look wonderful but for staying on my feet, they are not so great.  I think I need a bit more support so I was happy to give paint pens a whirl.  The perfect stripes leaked under the tape. Free hand has its issues as well. And just when you feel you have dots licked the paint makes a blob and makes its own dance trail!  But they shall make their debut and then be retired to the dress up trunk.  No I haven't got one but this could be the start!  lol


I have the grand kiddies. This new art supply isn't exactly in the same category as Peerless water colours but I was impressed.  Not much mess.


We gave polymer clay another try with a sampling of the cookie cutters I got at the thrift store.  They had a huge selection and 10 cents a piece!  My namesake didn't make it all the way through this session.  Attitude issues!  That reminds me, I need to find where her clay ball rolled off to!  edit:  she took it to bed with her!  LOL



And she totally missed the new washable stamp pads!  I think I'll put a lock on my archival permanent blacks! Looks like Josh needs a bit more muscle for my tag punch!



By golly, I may have to get some more polymer clay. This is much less fattening than cookies!  We are head over heels in luv with creativity!

7 comments:

HollyM said...

What memories you are making with them. He is too cute!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Love the shoes! I want to try painting a pair of tennies

MarveLes Art Studios said...

How sweetly perfect! No fat. All fun - what special times with your grandchildren. These will be awesome memories for them... and your shoes look fabulous, and I think you should wear them into the store, in your jeans! Then... take them off - fast!

Margaret Applin said...

I love all the fun you are having!!! He is a cutie!!!

Createology said...

Elle Dear you are the best grandma on the planet. What a wonderful art background you are giving your Littles with all the various mediums they get to try. That is a very proud tray of polymer clay goodies Josh is holding. Dance on my dear in those fun shoes...

Leanne said...

I love the shoes! And the grandkids are so cute and creative too, like you!

Jo Vandermey said...

What an awesome grandma you are!