Friday, November 9, 2012

Still Fiddling



This beading of edges is rather addicting.  I decided to add some to represent fall and winter.




I didn't have any coloured glass leaves but I didn't let that stop me.  I am even more convinced about the need to have stuff on hand!  lol



I finished off the bottom with some winter effects, even some clear leaves.  I also added some snow sequins to the page.  White and tone on tone white.  I luv it!


I had a small piece of lace doily that fit nicely on the warm inside page but relates to the barren and leafless but snowy outdoor page.

I have a back page to tweak and a painted page for the inside back cover.  Then by golly, she'll be done.

Speaking of snow, the weather people are all gloom and doom about an approaching storm.  I'm say, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!".  Just wish I had more supplies so I could fiddle! LOL

8 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

What a great book! I really like the beaded edges, looks so cool when the book is closed, too. Enjoy the snow playtime!

Glenda in Florida said...

I popped in to catch up on your blog, and to wish you and your rooster a happy anniversary. I laughed at some of the grand kiddie stories, and the pigs. I grew up on a hog farm--not all the memories are happy ones!

Leanne said...

We have been having a lot of snow, maybe that is why I seem to be ordering more fabric, to lay in supplies for the long winter. Love your book.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I'm going to Micheal's tomorrow to get some winter supplies:) It's getting to be that time to hibernate for the winter.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

LOVE your book; specially the cover, girlfriend, it is SWEET! Blessings... from 17 inches of SNOW and now a bit of wind. BRRR.

Createology said...

My Oh My...I could not have imagined your book looking any more creatively complete. Now it is stunning. The beads are perfection my dear. It is always in the details that bring forth the true artistic note. Bravo Dear...

Carolyn Dube said...

Your journal is wonderful- love the beading!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I took a look at that bookmark tutorial. That is awesome and I may have to try it.

With clear leaves, you have your choice of colors. You can dab bits of either dye or pigment ink on them, or stamp words on them in a color that matches the page. I hope that helps add to your existing supply choices.