Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday's Mind


The piles are getting higher and I neglected to take a photo of the Rooster with the young grand chicks as they tried to conquer the mountain!


That is because I was with their parents as we poured over kitchen designs.  They are remodeling their kitchen and I know that ours will be tackled sometime in the coming year.  I am making note of what is working for them and seeing if it would work for me.  The section of this month's book is about understanding your space and yourself.  This applies to much more than home decorating, I'm a thinking!  :^)

As I work through my ufo's I am beginning to understand what I like and the value of finishing things so I don't have to spend time on old luves!  I have some mending and some household things to make this week.  I shall plug away on the curved blocks.


The classes I have actually paid money for need to be brought up to the top of my to-do list.

This is all pretty boring but it is a necessary post as I drag my wandering mind back to what is supposed to be moving me forward on my goals for the year.  

Charge!!!

1 comment:

Createology said...

That is too much snow for me! We have been very lucky so far with next to NO snow. We also have had very little rain...water table woes ahead. Very exciting to re-do a kitchen. My best advice from experience is to actually "function" in your kitchen...pretend fix a meal and pay attention to the ease of your body in lifting from the oven or microwave, etcetera. I have some great stories regarding kitchen designs and remodels. I feel certain that by the time you read this you will be in fine creative mode. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...