Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Adding to my stash


I do believe I just may have some useful stuff to stack in the fabric shelves!

I laid out fabric and paint on my large cutting table.  I kinda had a few thoughts but not a real plan.

I started laying down masks and stencils and sprayed away in various areas.

Then I began to add the stamps.  I saw that I wanted the stamps and even the stencils under the spray drift and I also quickly realized I did better on the large pieces of fabric.  So I went back and did the areas that had been covered by smaller chunks of cloth.

I let the first attempt dry and repositioned the white cotton fabric and began to lay down the larger motifs in an all over way to get good random coverage.  Then I misted this with water and did some spraying.

 This is the earlier attempt and was necessary so I could begin to figure what works best for me. The stamps are definitely better with two layers of foam.  I have several questions that I will need to find some answers for.  Should I work dry or wet  is an important one.

This is the whole piece of white cotton.  I had started on the far right side.  Then I removed the overlapping fabric for the off centred section. The near left side is the last bit of experimenting that I did.

Now if this is the kind of fabric I would use for something like borders what would supporting fabrics look like?  What if I did some small pieces of fabric for the actual blocks themselves?  hmmmm 

5 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Wow! That is really cool. What unlimited possibilities you have, there. You could make some really nice wall hangings or quilts with fabrics of your own design.

Createology said...

And tote bags and pillow cases and oh yes the possibilities are endless. I love your fabrics and how you have played with different techniques to find your favorite. This is wonderful Elli Dear...

Vicki W said...

That is an awesome piece of fabric!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how long it's been since I was here. My bad. I love those stamps you made and that new bookcase with a minimalist look. Wonderful.

Whole cloth? I'm loving where that fabric is going. I always like playing with coloring fabric better than I prefer making art with it. Yours is fantastic.

Margaret Applin said...

What a stash fabric!!!! You GO GIRL!!! Love what you've done and can't wait to see coordinates!