Friday, August 16, 2013

Leave the colouring to mother nature!

Next step in the leaves series was to cut stencils and use some colour.

I had tried to print a saved image on a file folder but I need to get new ink so I placed the black and white print on my left and I just kinda drew the main shapes I wanted keeping in mind that I had to then cut it out. ;)  It is kinda like tracing only the paper is not underneath but alongside.  To take it to another level I need to not look at what I'm doing and never lift my pencil. :O  Next step!!!   But in the mean time...

I  need to remember to use both sides of the stencil and the mask.  I also think I should put a protective coating on them so they last a bit longer.  Just like real life, I was dropping leaves. lol

I did two samples.  I like the softer look better and I need to use a bit less paint on the gelli plate.

I thought I'd kick the colours up a bit and smeared the lines of paint with my fingers.

This is all quite fun but the end goal is to do this on fabric so I need to do a bit more preplanning.

The backgrounds are colourful but I need to colour up my leaf designs as well.

But this can also be the first layer in a complex fabric.  I'm beginning to feel like mother nature's helper!  lol

5 comments:

Createology said...

Hi Gelli Elli! I am really loving your leaf prints with the lovely colors. These will look quite amazing on fabrics too. Happy Gelli Playing Dear...

What Comes Next? said...

oh I love that Gelli Elli! heehee! You are turning out some wonderful pieces - they will be fabulous on fabric &/or multi layered.

Margaret said...

More fun with leaves! Love what you're up to, especially with the wild green and turquoise. :-)

Seth said...

It is definitely fun following your process on this series.

Margaret Applin said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Colors and shapes!!!