Monday, September 9, 2013

and a child shall lead them






I was watching a watercolour tutorial and my grandson asked if that was art!  I said yes and he said, "Let's do it!".

I did the part where liquid was used and I really liked it.  It drys permanent and it sprays wonderfully.  We tried several things and sometimes he was more successful than I!




He sprayed on a stencil on some scrap paper and I captured the stencil print on extra watercolour paper.

I found the colours to be very vibrant even when diluted. We used the same stencil but moved it over a wee bit for the second colour and that was enlightening. ;)

While everything was drying we turned to making stamps and using acrylics.  He made a LOT of confetti with my cutter but we did get a house built into the existing landscape.

A left handed boy and zig zag scissors was a challenge so we switched to regular scissors. The little bits of leftover zigs and zags turned out to be fantastic for adding leaves to the main canopy!

Yes, Josh.  It is ART!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

You are a braver woman than I, elle...I like the idea of creating with children far better than the actual doing of it. Luckily, I have few opportunities, so neither children nor said adult is at risk! :-)

What Comes Next? said...

and wonderful art it is! SO fun that he is so keen to do!

Createology said...

The joy on Josh's face while he is making art is priceless! You are the very best grandma on the planet. Keep making ART!!!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Those youthful artists can be difficult to keep up with....they are so free and don't worry about what goes with what. They just do!

Vicki W said...

What fun? You are making such a wonderful impact on these kids.