Friday, September 13, 2013

capital P for PAINT

Nothing like a few giggles, some "shake it all about" and lots of 'good ideas' to get motivated!

Not many posts but I am actually busy.  I am/was down in the depths cleaning and purging the laundry corner.  I am throwing anything that isn't being used right now away.  I will take my sink out to the workroom in the barn and make a spot for hanging clothes.  We have a shortage of hanging space in this old house.

 I also organized the paint section and I'm horrified by all the unopened gallons.  I think I'll use some on the plywood walls in the basement to freshen things.  I even have some old floor paint.

Yesterday I went to get Eliana and we toured a home reno store and got some fabric at Ikea to cover my seasonal accessories in the basement.  We also got some better paint paper.  It needs to be good stuff to stand up to my little artist's thick and juicy expectations.  lol

I seem to be restless as I decided to use some of that paint in the kitchen.  Not wanting to have a helper to sort more in the basement, I started stripping wallpaper in the kitchen. With one tiny section done I wondered what the jelly cupboard might look like in a more neutral colour than the original country blue.   ;) ;)

Eliana was game!   I hope I'm not encouraging ADD tendencies! eek!  But that wall paper is gonna be a bear!  :(

She thought she should be higher.  This girl is gonna move up in the world!  ;)

She reached the top finally as she tackled the back.

This is chalk paint and I used Pure White just because I wanted the inside white and a bit of a primer before the final outer coat.  So this was fast and easy.

Now my helper is onto ink and stamping so I just might be able to get that last bit of colour on the outside of the jelly cupboard.  Shhh!  She may not notice I have slipped away and I think dealing with her mess creativity in the playroom might be worth making own mess  creativity in the kitchen. 

oops!  She's arrived with her supplies to be closer.  Hmm, I shall paint and post pictures another day!

5 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

She is an adorable “distraction” and I am amazed at all you are accomplishing! Wish I could tackle home decor and cleaning and purging with your gusto!!

Createology said...

This is such a fun and happy post dear. Eliana' smile is priceless! Painting and art and home decor...whew! You are bright clean fresh paint in motion my friend...

Margaret said...

I think I can quite happily live my grandma-hood vicariously through your adventures! ;-) And is that an old wash tub? The kind that once had a wringer attached? Love it!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

perfectly done! i love seeing how you engage and think... act and do! sweet memories, and more for your beautiful grandchildren! what a legacy to build upon!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Are you O.K.? I'm missing your upbeat posts!