Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life - lines, lawnmowers, lemonade

Surprising us once again, summer is still hanging on. I am admiring this hollyhock which is different from the others.  I am also trying to ignore all the crispy leaves on the poplars in my shade garden.  Not sure what that means but poplars clone off of one main root system so when one dies...  :(    C'est la vive!



The fence line is done.  The design decisions for the gate will wait till next year but I'm excited about the possibilities.  The Rooster's latent landscape genes are surfacing and he is suggesting a tree at the gate.  I'm inclined to agree.  ;)


A goodly supply of meat is in the freezer for winter.  Pin feathers in the chickens postponed finishing so we laboured on the yard on Monday.  The Rooster hates lawnmowers. And grass!  While he was fixing the Fix on the big one, I was blowing the belt on the back up machine.  argggghhhh   I left him with his head down and joined the bus leaving for the last game of the current baseball season.

While I was standing in the line up for some lemonade I was thinking that I had no time for this.   I should be passing the Rooster wrenches or something. 

I should be getting DD#1's scrap booking box organized to ship.   I think I may have underestimated my boot box depth!
 
But as I sipped my lemonade and cheered the team on I was thinking life wasn't so bad!  Summer may be running out but there is always another season of time waiting in the wings!  :)  It's a good life

6 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

It is indeed a good life! And you continue to make the most of yours. Great fence, to of work!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

ahhh life, baseball, and lemonade! indeed! i love that fence, and the tree is a great idea! you are collaborating well, i think. nice to 'see' you/your posts again. i've missed you!!

Leanne said...

It sounds good at your house, glad you were able to sit back and enjoy the ball game.

Createology said...

Great post of summer and all that is holds for us. Somehow there is never enough time!!! Sip your lemonade dear and enjoy these last days of Summer...

Mary Ann Tate said...

I think the Rooster's right...a tree would be very nice:)

Margaret said...

Love your lingering summer story, elle. The fence looks great and I'm thinking the gate will have some wrought iron fixings to it...eh? A tree is great just about anywhere in my books! :-)