Wednesday, November 20, 2013

wow Nina is working


Doing the next thing first meant getting this baby quilt ready for use.

It felt sew good to hear Nina humming away again.  I'd hoped to get my curtains finished that are to hang over my fabric shelves.  They will be my new design wall.  I still hope to get them done by Friday.

I am also focusing on lines and grids.  This is a basic grid formed by regularly sized and spaced lines.  Fast but a tad boring.

The backing for this is lines.  I need to get a little less predictable.  But it needed to match the first quilts for her brother and sister.  I was also thinking regularly used and not heirloom.  lol   Her sister and room mate's quilt is on the right.  I think their room is going to be pink and yellow.  Quilting will be a diagonal of a large wavy stitch.

Discovering that grids show up as columns has been mind altering.  And then there are all the spaces within the lines.  I am quite excited about this and ready to work on the columns for my wall hanging.  I want to break up the larger pieces of fabric.  Getting the flow of light and seeing that as a line showing direction is working.  But I'm wondering about the focal point.   

I am also wondering what The Needle and Thread Network is up to!






5 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Isn't it fun |Elle....

Createology said...

Nina...such a long time since I have heard you hummm. Sewing is also relaxing. Lovely quilt for the littlest grand. Your wall hanging is stunning. Creative Stitching Bliss...

What Comes Next? said...

loving how your wallhanging is coming together!

Leanne said...

I love the simple squares in the quilt and your wall hanging is looking beautiful!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Love how your piece is coming together!!