Wednesday, April 30, 2014

wow, its raining on my worktable!

The wall hanging for this month, April Showers, is almost done.  I did the diagonal stabilizing lines and I plan to intersperse rain .  But I thought I should go back and stitch in the ditch between the strips.  It'll pucker nicely when washed.

I have a plan for using Nina's settings to make raindrops.   I will settle for the smaller very light blue raindrops.  I should finish it up later today.   I shall have a finished and hung quilt to show for next Wednesday.

I am also thinking ahead to May and I want to use the coloured polka dots.  May to me, is baskets, empty baskets as flowers won't show till June.  To continue with dots I did a stash search  with not too many mini dots. So Connecting Threads can help me out with 16 different mini dots.  I need 16 baskets sew...  ;^)

I found an idea in one book and the right size block in another.  Now I need to wash up the fabrics and get ready for May Baskets!  If I could fill my May baskets with warm sunshine I would truly be showered with blessings!  :)

I wonder what kind of showers are happening in the rest of Canada!  Check out The Needle and Thread Network.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Sixteen baskets--you must have lots of children!! Can't go wrong with polka dots.

rtquilter said...

Love the quilt elle! And how very funny! My Mum and I and DH and I had discussions about May Baskets today. So sad that that particular tradition seems to have disappeared in the hurly burly of modern life. Too bad!

Vicki W said...

I like what you are doing with April Showers and I love the colors for May baskets. That's a lot of baskets to make!

Createology said...

A quilt hanging a month is very interesting. I love April Showers and how you are quilting it. All the pin dots looks amazing for the May baskets. Creative Stitching Bliss Dear...

Jo Ferguson said...

Your quilting is really bringing April Showers, to life. I adore the dotted fabric and absolutely love the pattern you've found to use them.

Lorette said...

Love that quilt! I like your idea to add rain drops on the quilt! Interesting May project!!