Friday, July 4, 2014

a plan??? That's HSTerical

Once upon a time I had a plan.  Birds in the air.  But somehow the birds got shot down because the sky colour was wrong.


After I found a nice sky I realized I hadn't enough earth!  vbsigh!

SEW...

 I did want to try cutting the triangles with the cutter.  A few retrys as I learn how many layers and which shim to add.  I expect I'll improve as I don't think I should have to be trimming them but that is something I don't really mind, especially at the end of a long day!  ;~)

 Part of the problem is that there are so many colours to be added to the theme fabric.  I will be adding several fabrics in the separate colours to make it more scrappy.

I DO really like it though.  :)  Of course I have no idea which option I shall eventually settle on of the many variations Vicki offers.  For now I shall just sew together HST's.  :)

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh WOW. This does have many possibilities. I love what you have started, though.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

BTW, happy belated birthday. Looks like I missed your party.

Leanne said...

Your HSTs are beautiful!

What Comes Next? said...

so much fun! I always enjoy reading and seeing what you are working on.

Sketchbook Wandering said...

It's beautiful, both your process & your product!!

Jo Ferguson said...

Whatever you finally decide to do, will be perfect. With these yummy colours you can't go wrong.