Friday, September 18, 2015

Dare I say it!

I'm just about ready for winter.  Well, let me rephrase that.  I could use a few snow days. ;^)

My hand is sore from nailing.  Hopefully we'll have the back done before the paint crew (grand kiddies and their papa) arrive Saturday morning.  :O  The north side, which is where my work room windows and door will be, must wait for next year as it needs a goodly amount of work and time and money.  :O   But you know, the old girl is looking better already!  :)

The closing of the local scrapbooking store has me shopping quite a bit!  I keep thinking of things I 'need'.  lol  Making room for this rack meant moving out the bins in the closet and that meant editing stuff which is certainly not a bad thing.  :{  I have a pile of stuff for the thrift shop and discovered some good stuff I'd forgotten.  I am determined that my playroom area will look like a work area and not a magazine spread.  This has made for some significant changes which I need a few of the aforementioned snow days to play with! 

A busy week for appointments.  How does one get three at the very same time?  But with some shifting around we got everywhere we needed to get.  My gal is settled comfortably in her new place with an art room organized.  We are waiting on the table top/counter. The grand kiddies wrapped up the summer in their smash books and we have new ones for this coming school year.  And a good plan for working with shapes and telling stories in the coming months! 


I had been admiring Margaret's roses.  Then I actually stopped to smell mine!  :)  I got some good ones, too!  yay!!!

I had made a quick dash into the drug store and darn it, they had faerie stuff on sale.  I'd gotten the three faeries and a few ornaments when I'd been up visiting DD#1 and her local greenhouse.  How could I pass up a wee bird house, a lamp post, fences and a couple of doors!   Dare I say it...
Now I can't wait for spring to arrive so the grand kiddies and I can plan the new small folk suburb!   ;^)

4 comments:

Frances Arnold said...

You DO need some snow days to catch your breath!!!!

Jo Ferguson said...

I admired Margaret's roses as well, now I get to see yours. They're beautiful. Smell a few for me, along the way. The barn looks great. I can't get over how much you've done. As for snow days....I'd like a few myself.

Createology said...

I have one lonely pink rose which is lovely just as yours are. The barn is looking wonderful. You don't really wish for snow yet? Take a deep breath and sip some libation to get your bearings. Editing your studio is an ongoing task...I know because mine is too! Smell those beautiful roses and enjoy your sunshine dear...

Margaret said...

Lovely to see your roses, Elle! They are indeed beautiful. No need to hanker after mine, after all! (grin)