Thursday, March 17, 2016

so what...

 I did have great plans for all the 'free' time while the computer was away.   But 'free' turned out to be my downfall as I had managed to download a slew of free ebooks.  And if that wasn't enough I even had some lovely hard copies lent by a friend!  :(    I have never felt to include reading as a hobby.  Seems hobbies should involve more doing than sitting. That doesn't make sense, does it.  Hello knitters!   But I do put books in the same categories as eating and drinking- necessary.   But definitely it is my 'go to' happy place!!!  Lets just say I've been happy.  :)

Now it turns out the computer is fine but looks like the monitor is the problem.  vbsigh

A snow day today.  School was canceled.  My art 101  grand kiddies didn't get as much snow but there are no buses running in my area.  And my bus supervisor said my bus wouldn't be running!   Now maybe I can make up for some good intentions that were set aside.

The weather had actually been rainy. The snow was pretty much gone and shirt sleeves were rolled up!  We were all thinking- early spring.  So when the snow began to come down it had lots of places to stick.  Now that the snow has stopped and the sun has come out things sure look pretty.

So now what...

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I confess I read only paper books. No equipment...I read enough screens -- even if "they" are the single one on my laptop! But I agree...reading is a daily essential for me -- usually before bed and sometimes in the early a.m. before rising. Never thought about anything I do as a "hobby". When I'm not reading, I'm writing (journal/blog), knitting, stitching, sewing, gardening or jogging. All feed the soul and are the antithesis of (or a respite from) housework! ;-)

Createology said...

Reading is very rewarding and we should give ourselves permission to read more often. I tend to read more in Winter when the sun is gone to bed early. You sure are having a white Winter. Warm Hugs...