Friday, February 3, 2017

January ARTifacts


Seth says:

"Every year I have so many "art memories" from my travels, my teaching, my adventures in NYC, and my studio work. I have decided that 2017 will be the year of ARTifacts where I document my adventures in art for the entire year in a physical book.

I would love to have you join me. This would be a no rules collaboration. Just find or make some sort of artist book, planner, scrapbook, 3-ring-binder, folder, or other container to document your creative experiences, whether they be in art, craft, or anything else. Then get to documenting in any way to style that works for you.

I had a good number of people express interest in joining. And an equal number of people asking what exactly the project is. I was purposely vague because I wanted it to be a reflection of you. For me, I am looking at this project as an artful way of keeping track of my daily life as an artist. A dossier or scrapbook of sorts that is filled with words and images that document the creative part of my life."    The Altered Page

I  already had three ways to record 2017


My big memory keeper which I may spend an hour a week updating with permanent pen,  photos, mark making and ephemera.  I very pleased to have completed 7 months with this method and I can see style improvements monthly!  :)


My planner is a smaller version of the memory keeper.  I jot down plans, ideas, and try things.  So it is more like a doodle or scratch pad.  This is no stress and what is, IS!  Very freeing and hints at my evolving interests and styles.


Then I have the journal I made which documents my 2017 year of discovery.  I've made a good start.

I am happy to start a new month.  I can refocus and pull back on the areas I got too wide in.  My personal journey journal will be getting  more attention.  And I really do hope my planner has less out and about and more in and get busy!!!   I plan to make art and that is a fact!

4 comments:

Frances Arnold said...

It is nice to be able to make a new start each month....that is really freeing!!!

Jo Vandermey said...

I love the thought of journaling but somehow I never do it. Have you always been a journaler? I like the idea of bullet journaling. Set one up and there it sits. Love the look of your work.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are so much better at this than I. I know you will achieve a lot. by having three journals to choose from. I've already hit a snag in making my ARTifacts journal, so I applaud you as you work on yours.

Seth said...

These are wonderful elle. And I love the fact that you have multiple books for different aspects of memory keeping. Wonderful. There is probably always one that is calling to you!